This 3 day course will give you a more elaborate understanding of the roasting process and how different kinds of heat transfer are at play. You will also see how different roast profiles lead to different sensory expressions for the same coffee even at the same roast degree. You will also learn about roast defects and how to avoid them and also be introduced to the basic physical changes that the beans undergo during the roasting process.
We train in small groups with no more than 4 students.
Request you SCA membership here.
This price includes
- Key information to enable you to sit your Intermediate Level Roasting qualification that consists of a practical exam and a written exam (25 questions with a pass rate of 70% required). Successful students will be awarded 10 points towards the SCA Coffee Diploma.
- In depth knowledge shared to you by experienced teachers. We are a company with 15 years of roasting experience and active in the specialty coffee movement since the very beginning. The course will be given to you by the OR Coffee Roasters. Authorized Specialty Coffee Trainer (AST) and Coffee Roaster at OR Coffee Roastery, Miguel Maes, and Q-Grader and Founder of OR Coffee Roastery, Tom Janssen.
- A plunge in the real life coffee roasting business. As the course will take place at the roastery you will be able to see and ask whatever you want.
- Morning coffee, fruits, healthy snacks and lunch every day.
- A cupping spoon with engraved logo of OR Coffee Roastery
Dates & times:
Wednesday 16th January 2019 / 9.30hours-17.00hours
Thursday 17th January 2019 / 9.30hours-17.00hours
Friday 18th January 2019 / 9.30hours-12.30hours
Location: OR COFFEE ROASTERY, Dorpsstraat 31, 9230 WESTREM (WETTEREN)